Browser Issue for On-click

Browser Issue for On-click

pamulapatipamulapati Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited October 10 in Editor

Hi,

On our Enterprise application we are facing a issue on IE.11, we are using data-table inline-editor for tables in that we are using on click event, after submit of edited fields we are facing this issue.

Usage:
when user clicks on outside of the table after editing the exiting fields in table.

Current Behavior: In our table we are using date picker(type : 'datetime') for our requirement, In IE browser after updating the exciting date to new date then click out side and trying to update another field its not working, its completely freezes the section until we click out side one more time.

Expected Behavior: we are expecting on first-click it should work as normal, its should not freeze

"keys" : {
"columns" : ".inlineEditable",
"keys" : [ 9 ], // 9 = tab
"editor" : _taskEditor,
"editOnFocus" : true
},

inline : {
onBlur : 'submit'
}

Please give us suggestion on this, Thanks

Greetings,

Pranesh Pamulapati

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 48,081Questions: 1Answers: 6,910 Site admin

Hi Pranesh,

Could you give me a link to a page showing the issue so I can debug it please? I've not heard of that specific issue before.

It sounds like there might be a Javascript error occurring on the page. If you have a look at the console in IE11 does it show any errors?

Allan

• pamulapatipamulapati Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

Thanks for responding, I'm unable share my link to outside of my company, what I can do is I can share my Java script file. Please let me know is that works for you to check.

Thanks
    Pranesh Pamulapati

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 2,142Questions: 15Answers: 236

It sounds like there might be a Javascript error occurring on the page. If you have a look at the console in IE11 does it show any errors?

Hi Tangerine,

Thanks for responding, I don't see any error on console. Its happening only on IE like this. we are using preSubmit, postEdit, preOpen its not going into any where.

• colincolin Posts: 2,396Questions: 0Answers: 427

Hi @pamulapati ,

If you're unable to share the page, would you be able to create a simplified test case that also demonstrate the problem? Without it, it'ls hard to diagnose, since as Allan said, this isn't a known issue and is likely to be caused by something in your environment.

Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

@colin @allan

I'm sharing my java script file. Please take a look on that.

Thanks
    Pranesh

JS.txt 26.7K

There isn't anything obvious that I can see that would cause the error there. Could you use JSFiddle, CodePen or http://live.datatables.net to create a test case showing the issue so we can debug it, if you aren't able to share a link to a page showing the issue.

Allan

Hi Allan,

We created a test case for that scenario, while running the Js file, we are getting console errors. we are unable to replicate those errors. Please give us some suggestions on that. I'm sharing the link please go through it.

http://live.datatables.net/diyariwa/1/edit?html,css,js,console,output.

Thanks
    Pranesh

Hi Pranesh,

You just need to reorder the Javascript includes: http://live.datatables.net/diyariwa/3/edit .

It looks like it needs MomentJS as well, and I'm not sure if that would then show the issue you are seeing or not.

Allan

Hi Allan,

we added momentJS and fixed the exiting errors. we are using both editor and key-table because of that. Now, while selecting a editable field we are getting a script error. Please take a look on that.
    http://live.datatables.net/diyariwa/5/edit?html,css,js,console,output

Thanks
    Pranesh